Thursday, April 23, 2009

Busy weekend ahead

Something very unusual has happened to me this evening - I've been bored! It feels like forever since that has happened. I usually never find time to sit down for more than a few seconds before bedtime. After dinner, I was begging Anders to go on a bike ride with me so that I would have something to do. The weather is warm and lovely, although it's quite windy. Too windy really to sit outside and read a book, which is what I really wanted to do. We had a nice little big ride, the two of us.

Tomorrow night, I've been invited to a colleague's house for a little get-together. She has been renovating her house for a while, and things are finally settling down, so she invited about 15 of us over tomorrow night for shrimp and wine. Luckily for me, I've started eating shrimp since I moved to Norway, as it's a fairly party-time fair (still not something I would choose as my birthday meal, though).

Then, on Saturday night, Gaute and I are going to a Bollywood party. All of the parents of 3rd graders at Korsvoll school are invited, and I think about 80-90 people will be there. They're serving Indian food (which I LOVE) and I'm going to try to find some Indian-looking party clothes. Last year, we went to a similar party (without the Bollywood theme) and it was really fun...

Finally, Sunday evening we got free tickets to a Lyn game. It will be the first game we're going to this season. Should be fun - and I'm sure I'll be exhausted on Monday...

1 comment:

gramma janny said...

Wonderful sounding weekend!