Friday, May 01, 2009

Labor Day

Yes, today is Labor Day in Norway. No school or work (although those go hand in hand for me), and the sun is shining brightly. It's a beautiful day - the first shorts day we've had this year. It's a fantastic day - and I would love it even more if I didn't have really bad hay fever. I never had allergies in the good old days, but they started in about 3 or 4 years ago and keep getting worse every year. Today there is pollen everywhere, and I can't stay out for many minutes without my eyes and nose going crazy. My whole face feels swollen. I took a Clarityn, but it's not doing much for me...

Gaute was in Stockholm again this week. He got back yesterday afternoon, just in time to pick up the keys to the new apartment we bought. It's done from their side - now it's our turn to finish it up. We need to paint it, put in hardwood flooring and the kitchen. All stuff we've done many times before...We might pay to get some help this time, though. Gaute doesn't have quite as much free time as he did before, and neither do I!

It's Friday, so I have a pizza dough rising on the counter. Should be ready in a few minutes, then it's time to roll out the dough, cover it with lots of good stuff and stick it in the oven. I LOVE pizza - luckily, everyone else in the family does, too!

1 comment:

gramma janny said...

Can't wait for pizza night California style when you get here!