Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Home with a sick kid...

Not too sick anymore, actually, but I'm home nevertheless. When I got home from work yesterday afternoon, Johan was complaining that he had a headache and then about five minutes later he started throwing up. He was sick most of the afternoon and evening, so we decided that it was best that he stayed home today. I'm here with him until about 1:00, then I have to go in to work for planning meetings that last all afternoon and into the evening, so Gaute will come home and take over for me.

I took a picture of Johan this morning in front of our plum tree which is in full bloom. Granny, this is the tree you bought for us when you were here in 1994. Believe it or not, this huge thing started life in a flower pot on our balcony! I love it - love having fruit trees that bloom! And produce actual fruit that we can eat. Didn't have many fruit trees in Ketchum...



I'm also posting a picture of Anders from last week. They had "English Day" at school. The 5th graders had a whole day in which they spoke English all day and did English-type things. They had to wear something resembling a British school uniform to school, they played badminton, listened to the Beatles, and other cool stuff. I think they had a really good time, and Anders was excited about it, despite the fact that he looks seriously depressed in this picture.



Tomorrow afternoon, Espen's leaving for a football tournament in Denmark. He's really excited! There are 5 parents going with the team, but Gaute and I are not among them, which I think is an added bonus for Espen. They're taking a ferry to Denmark, and staying in an apartment hotel down there. I think they'll have a blast!!

1 comment:

gramma janny said...

I've said it before......but I'll say it again.....what good looking boys!!!!