Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's light out

Our daylight savings time started on Sunday, and I have to say that I'm really likin' it a lot. I have a mom (Hi, Mom!) who complained every spring over daylight savings time and wished it was standard time all year long, so I've been semi-skeptical of it, too. But this year, I really realized that I love this - I love the fact that it's 7 at night and the sun hasn't gone down yet. I feel like I have so much time to get things done when it stays light so much later. Not so much fun at 6 in the morning, though, I have to admit...

Not much going on today. I had a meeting with my boss (not the principal, but one of the assistant principals) this morning to discuss how everything was going with me at school. She was very happy and thought I was doing a great job, which made me quite happy, of course. I really like her a lot - I feel like I can go to her with any problems I have, and she does whatever she can to help. That's the way it should be!

Tuesdays are the days the boys go to Gaute's parents after school, so there was no real rush to head home after work. I stopped in at a bookstore to pick up a few office supplies I needed (you have to go to a bookstore to get that kind of stuff in Norway - they don't sell it at the grocery store). Then, I decided to give in to the craving I've been having for a while. I went to the drive-thru at McDonald's and bought myself a Chicken Premiere burger, fries and an orange Fanta. And it tasted really good! And the kids don't even know I was there....

Speaking of kids, here are a few pictures...

This one was taken last week. Anders and Johan pick out there own clothes each morning, and one day they came down wearing almost exactly the same thing. I don't think Anders thought that was so cool...


This shot is from our front hallway on Sunday. We had a few kids over - our kids shoes were in the basket, all of the ones on the floor belong to guests...

1 comment:

gramma janny said...

I'm actually enjoying daylight savings this year also.....it did seem like a awfully long dark winter even here...I can only imagine Norway!