Sunday, March 22, 2009

A bit more...

As long as I'm posting links to music videos, I thought I would show you Norway's entry this year to the Eurovision Song Contest. This is kind of like an American Idol type contest which has been held every year for the last 54 years. All of the European countries choose one song to be there entry, and then people from all over Europe can call up to cast their votes (but you're not allowed to vote for the country you're calling from). Since I've been living in Norway, I have just not understand the interest in this contest - the songs were cheesy and it just did not appeal to me at all. I don't know if the songs are better now, or if I'm just really turning into a European, but I like this song a lot. It's super popular, and Anders and Johan know the lyrics by heart. Hopefully Alexander Rybak will win!! And Jim - you need to learn to play this song on your fiddle ;-)

This song is one that I really think is great. This is from the kids' version of the Eurovision Song Contest. The kids singing and playing are 13 and 14, and they wrote the song, too. I just think it's such a cool song!

I know, I know, I'm a total nerd!

No comments: