Friday, November 30, 2007

Finished project :-D

Finally, finally, finally. Last night at 8:00 we finally finished this project we've been working on. My life has been consumed with this for the last 10 days or so, and I am sooo happy to be finished with it. Maybe I can start sleeping again.

This project is for my social studies class. We were supposed to be in a group of 3-4 people and create a presentation for the rest of the class having something to do with garbage/waste/recycling. We decided to do something about plastic and how that is recycled and what they do with it. So far, so good. Another aspect of the project was that they wanted us to use some form of audio visual equipment in the presentation, and we had a short course about film editing, so we decided to make a film. Still not a project which is undoable. But then the whole project just spiraled out of control. One of the people in my group had big plans, and every time we (I) tried to say that maybe we should make things a little easier on ourselves, she wouldn't take no for an answer. The third girl in our group complained when were by ourselves, but wouldn't stand up to the one who had the big plans. We ended up making all of these figures for the film, and doing a ton of editing and it took forever. And we're not even being graded on this project - it's pass/fail!

BUT - now it's done, and, I have to admit, we have learned a lot...We ended up with a 25 minute film. On Monday we're going to present it to the rest of the class.

And then on Friday I have a 6 hour English exam. And then on Monday, 3 days after that, I have an 45 minute oral exam in English where we have to discuss how we would teach a certain topic that we are presented with. And then that Friday I have a 6 page paper due based on this social studies project we just finished. And then it's Christmas vacation!!!

No comments: