Friday, February 27, 2009

Sick

I woke up feeling pretty sick this morning (I got Espen's cold), and was kind of going back and forth trying to decide whether or not I should stay home. I finally decided to call in and say I wasn't going to be going in today. I feel kind of bad - I have English with my two 4th grade classes today, and I was at a seminar last time we had English. They don't get quite the same experience when they have a substitute...But, they'll probably be happy that I'm not there contaminating them!

I'v been trying to get some stuff done on the computer (as long as I'm home sick anyway...). Deleting files that aren't getting used and making backup copies of things. My computer has started crashing every now and then, and it's making me nervous.

I did take a break to watch the men's cross country ski relay. The world championships are going on right now, and the relay is a big thing in these parts! It was exciting until the very end - and Norway won!! I cried when they won, because it was such a great, exciting win!! You can watch the final sprint here. (p.s. - It seems like there's a problem with the link, but if you click on the link and then click on Norge tok gullet - se innspurten her on the left hand side there, then the video should pop up!)

I feel so proud of Norway - It almost makes me want to give up my American citizenship!

1 comment:

gramma janny said...

Oh no!! Don't give up now...we're just starting to get back on track!!!
Hope you're feeling better and can enjoy the weekend!