Thursday, March 27, 2008

I have a job!

I finally made a decision - I called the principal at Ekeberg school today and accepted his offer of a job there! They were the first school to offer me a job (and my first interview). In the meantime, I've been to interviews at 4 other schools and gotten one other official offer (and would most likely have gotten offers from the other schools as well). The school that offered me a job yesterday was a junior high. They wanted me to teach English and Norwegian. I had to really decide if I wanted to be at junior high or elementary school. And the fact that there is less grading at the elementary level (they don't get grades until 8th grade in Norway) was a big factor. What finally made me decide that this was the right place, however, was the fact that whenever I mentioned Ekeberg school, people were just going on and on about what a great school it was and how the teachers were all so nice. I decided that that is what matters more than anything else.

Ekeberg is an elementary school. At this point, they're not sure which grade(s) I will be teaching, but the principal said that they will have decided within the next month. I am so excited! I feel really good about having accepted this job. I know people who have worked as substitutes at the school and who have done their student teaching there and everyone really seems to like it.

And it is so nice not to have to think about it anymore!!!!

No comments: