Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tomorrow - Paris!

I just finished getting everything packed and organized before we leave for Paris tomorrow. I'm excited about the trip - even though I've been there a couple of times before, it will be so fun to see it through the kids' eyes. Gaute has never spent any time in Paris, either, so it will be exciting for him.

I spent a lot of time yesterday putting together a tentative plan for what we will be doing during the week we will be there, as well as making any reservations that needed to be made. I want to have time to relax and wander around, but it's good to have an idea of what we really want to prioritize, too.

Our plane lands at Orly airport tomorrow at 7 tommorow evening. If we have time, we might take an evening cruise along the Seine after we find our apartment. I know that we will want to get right out and do something, and they have cruises every half hour - the last at 10:30 - and the place to get on is close to where we will be staying (52 rue Lhomond for those of you who want to look it up on Google Earth).

On Thursday, the plan is to take it easy in the morning and just wander around. At 3 pm, I've reserved a 3 1/2 hour guided bike tour for all of us. The place has gotten great reviews, and I reserved a tandem bike for Gaute and Johan so that we don't have to worry about him keeping up. I think it will be such a fun way to see Paris - much better than sitting on a bus.

I think we'll head over to the Eiffel Tower later that evening. It's supposed to be less crowded in the evening, and beautiful when they turn on the lights.

Friday is Notre Dame and the Catacombes - both of which the kids are really excited to see.

Saturday I think we'll head out to Versailles and walk around there.

Sunday is the final day of the Tour de France when all of the riders take several laps on the Champs-Elysees, so we'll be standing there with the thousands of other people cheering someone on. Gaute is in to the Tour de France and watches it every day, but I've never really paid any attention. I'm sure we'll all catch the fever on Sunday, though!

On Monday, it's off to Disneyland Paris, about a 30 minute train ride from Paris. I already bought our tickets online, so that's one less line when we get to the park. I'm sure it will be packed, though...But, it will be fun...

No plans for Tuesday, our last day. Just going to see what strikes our fancy.

And then, we leave early Wednesday morning...

1 comment:

gramma janny said...

Wow...sounds like a fun filled week! Have lots of fun...it's so cool you're exposing the boys to so much of the world!