Monday, August 03, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

We made it back in one piece. We left L.A. Friday evening, about 9 o'clock. It was strange leaving so late at night. We usually fly out of San Francisco around 4 in the afternoon. I think I prefer the afternoon flights. Johan was so little that he managed to sleep during virtually the entire flight. The rest of us had a harder time. And, if you're like me and have restless legs when you're tired and can't stretch out and sleep, 9 and a half hours on a plane can be excruciating. I had a very hard time sitting still, and made MANY trips to the bathroom just to have an excuse to get up and stretch my legs. I finally dozed off for a while, but I think I will pay closer attention to departure times next time I book a transatlantic flight!

We got back to Oslo late Saturday night, and we all pretty much dove into our beds and slept soundly. Up and at 'em early yesterday morning, though. The kids were so excited to be home and have all of their toys, that they didn't know what to do with themselves. Anders and Johan started the day by going on a bike ride around the neighborhood at 5:30 in the morning! I think they managed to play with pretty much everything during the course of the day. Anders capped off his fun day by putting up the tent in the yard and sleeping out there last night. When I woke up (way too early) this morning, it was raining, and I thought I might see him, but he's still in the tent sleeping soundly...

I'm in the process of uploading the 1200 pictures we took during our vacation. I'm not quite sure how to share them yet, but I'll let everyone know when I come up with a good plan!

1 comment:

gramma janny said...

I feel your pain...the restless leg thing is something I can't deal with either!
I miss you all....but I know it must be "good to be home" for everyone.