Saturday, October 25, 2008

October

I don't really even want to check to see how long it's been since I last posted on this blog, but I know it's been way too long. Ever since school started in August, my life has been turned completely upside down and finding time to sit down and write in front of the computer has been hard.

Things are calming down a bit now, though. During these last couple of weeks, I've actually started feeling like I might have a life again. It's just a busier life than I was used to.

Work has been going really well lately. It's taking time to figure out how things work and how I want my role as a teacher to be, but I'm starting to feel like a "real" teacher these days, which is definitely a good sign! We had a party at work last night to inaugurate out new teacher's lounge. It was a lot of fun. We had a music quiz, and my team won by a huge margin, so I was pretty psyched about that. Nothing like winning!!

Gaute has still been travelling a lot. He was in Germany all this week and in London the week before. It's been tough, for him and for the rest of us, to have him gone so much, and it feels kind of luxurious to have him back again. He'll be here all of next week, which will be really nice.

The boys are doing really well. Football season is over for Anders and Johan, and now they've started cross-country ski team. No, we don't have snow yet, but they have dry-land training for now. They both really like it a lot - lots of their friends are there, too.

Espen's official football season is over, but they still have practice three evenings a week. He's gotten to be a really good footballer, and has been voted MVP several times.

I haven't taken any pictures for ever, either, but I'm going to try to get back on track...But for now, it's Saturday, the one day I have for shopping, so I'm off to buy some paint so that we have it here for the day we finally decide to paint the living room.

No comments: