Saturday, January 12, 2008

Yes, I'm still alive....I just haven't been very motivated to blog lately. I had a really nice Christmas vacation and started back to school feeling full of energy. That lasted about one day. Then it was back to that good old stressed-out feeling. And I don't even have any papers due or anything right now. I just need to get back into a different rhythm - going to bed early and waking up early.

Other than me having tense shoulders, things are going very well here. Anders and Johan started a downhill skiing course that they go to with their afterschool program. It's once a week at one of the resorts here in Oslo.

Espen's football practice has started up again. It's twice a week now and they'll be up to three days a week starting February 1. The good thing is that he and his friends walk up to practice by themselves, so it doesn't disturb life for the rest of us.

Today, Anders and Johan and I went to the library to check out some new books. Although I'm a big fan of buying books, because I like to have them sitting there on my bookshelf, I know that it's also really fun to go the library and check out as many books as you want. Their school is having a big reading campaign right now, and they have to read for half an hour every day for homework, so they're really going through the books like crazy. Even Espen, the boy who "hates reading", has been reading. For Christmas, I gave him a biography of Lyn's coach, who used to play for Manchester United. He is really enjoying it, and I think it's renewing his interest in reading. Luckily, Anders and Johan love reading, so I don't have to try and come up with motivations for them.

We're taking the kids to see a movie in a few minutes - Enchanted. It looks like a fun movie, and they're excited. We don't get out much...

It's snowing like crazy today - Yea!

2 comments:

david santos said...

Thanks for posting, Jilljen!
Have a good weekend

Anonymous said...

Hope we can get to the library while you're here!